ISIS forces destroyed the famous Great Mosque of al-Nuri Wednesday, as Iraqi forces attempted to close in on the area, according to various reports. An Iraqi commander said he and his men were only 15 yards from the site when it was destroyed.
Senior officials confirmed that Khayre had been acquitted of a plot to attack a Sydney army base in 2009 and was on parole for a violent home invasion at the time of Monday’s siege.
A woman was arrested on Saturday after she allegedly threatened people with a knife at a Scarborough hardware store while reportedly expressing support for the Islamic State group, CP24 has learned.
ISIS began circulating a poster this week calling on Muslims to seize the opportunity of Ramadan to kill civilian “Crusaders” (Christians). The plea appeared June 3 on the semi-official ISIS Nasher channels on Telegram.
Reeling under three recent terror attacks, will the U.K. be dumb enough to trust their future security with this maniac?
ISIS militants have gone a sacrilegious rampage, smashing statues and setting fire to a church building in footage purportedly filmed in a besieged city in the southern Philippines.
The jihadis gleefully topple crucifixes, stamp on posters of Pope Francis and destroy effigies in the church, believed to be located in the city of Marawi, southern Philippines.
The video was first published by ISIS’s Amaq News Agency.
The director of the districts and towns of Kirkuk province police department, Sarhad Qader, told Asharq Al-Awsat on Sunday that armed groups from ISIS and al-Qaeda have held meetings to establish a new organization in Iraq.
Al-Naba, a 16-page color newsletter, is distributed within ISIS territory but is also posted and distributed online via the usual ISIS mediums such as Telegram and social media.
Britain, said an article within the newsletter titled “Blessed Battle of Manchester: A new lesson for tyrants, Crusader States,” thought it “was safe from the wounds of the Mujahideen.”
The terror network reportedly claimed a “detachment” of its fighters crashed a rented van into a crowd of people on London Bridge before going on a stabbing rampage Saturday night, killing seven people and wounding nearly 50 others. However, ISIS gave no evidence to back up its claim.
The bodies of dozens of civilians killed in the past two days while fleeing an Islamic State-held neighborhood in Mosul lay on Saturday in a street close to the frontline with Iraqi armed forces, a Reuters TV crew reported.
The dead included men, women and children. Bags in which they had carried their belongings were strewn around the road leading out of the Zanjili district, one of three still in the hands of Islamic State in Mosul.
“Over the past two days ISIS has been shooting people escaping this area,” said Dave Eubank from the Free Burma Rangers relief association, referring to Islamic State, speaking from a building overlooking the frontline in Zanjili.
“I saw over 50 dead bodies yesterday, we worked with the Americans to get smoke and an Iraqi tank, and followed behind them and we rescued one little girl and one man,” he told Reuters. “But there are still more.”
Hundreds of others managed to reach the government lines, some wounded and some carrying apparently dead bodies in blankets, crying and shouting. A man carried an unconscious child.
“It should be the long-term goal of every MSA [Muslim Students Association] to Islamicize the politics of their respective university … the politicization of the MSA means to make the MSA more of a force on internal campus politics. The MSA needs to be a more ‘in-your-face’ association.” — Hussein Hamdani, a lawyer who served as an adviser on Muslim issues and security for the Canadian government.
Among the suspects arrested was Sabir Mahfouz Lahmar, who was freed from the US detention centre in Cuba in 2009 after France agreed to accept him, said a judicial official.
Islamic State claimed responsibility for the first blast just after midnight (2100 GMT Monday) that killed at least 13 people and wounded 40 in the commercial Karrada district.
Only two people have been prosecuted under Australia’s foreign fighters laws even though more than 40 ISIS jihadis have returned from overseas war zones.
Authorities are reportedly being hampered by a lack of evidence to proceed to prosecution, leaving most of those who fought alongside ISIS in Syria and Iraq in the past five years to walk free back in Australia.
He reportedly traveled to Libya days before carrying out the massacre at an Ariana Grande concert full of kids.