EXCLUSIVE: ‘They’re together and they’re safe.’ Father of Honduran two-year-old who became the face of the family separation crisis when she was photographed in tears as her mother was searched by U.S. border control speaks out

He revealed that his wife had previously mentioned her wish to go to the United States for a ‘better future’ but did not tell him nor any of their family members that she was planning to make the trek.

‘I didn’t support it. I asked her, why? Why would she want to put our little girl through that? But it was her decision at the end of the day.’

He said that Sandra had always wanted to experience ‘the American dream’ and hoped to find a good job in the States.

Time issued a minor correction:

Share

Continental Breakfast

Amish Breakfast Casserole

Facing possible expulsion from the U.S., many former DREAMers could qualify to come to Canada, Trudeau told

Many of the so-called DREAMers, some 700,000 young immigrants facing potential expulsion under U.S. President Donald Trump, would qualify to immigrate to Canada, according to a briefing note obtained by the Star.

The briefing note prepared for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau obtained by the Star suggests that “many” of the almost 700,000 DREAMers would qualify under federal and provincial immigration programs.


Ontario premier Doug Ford may scrap electric vehicle rebates

New premier Doug Ford has stated that he will cancel Ontario’s cap-and-trade program. His government already cancelled the smart thermostat rebate that was part of the Green Energy Fund, so it seems like likely the government will cancel other green energy rebates, as well. Ontario was one of the few provinces to have an Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EHVIP). Under the Liberal government, the province offered a handful of rebates on things that promoted green energy, like insulation, smart thermostats and cars.


Nova Scotia set to mark grand opening of Indigenous court

The Nova Scotia Judiciary says the court in Cape Breton is the first of its kind in the province and among only a few in the country that incorporates Indigenous restorative justice traditions and customs through its programs.

The judiciary says the creation of the court is in line with a 1989 Marshall Inquiry recommendation calling for more provincial court sittings on Nova Scotia reserves, as well as calls to action outlined in the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s report.


Justin Trudeau’s “Poke the Bear” Diplomacy

Following the G7 summit in Quebec, Justin Trudeau held a news conference where he told reporters that Canada will “not be pushed around” by the United States.

(Donald Trump had boarded Air Force One and was watching the conference on television.)

Trudeau’s statement implied that Trump was being a bully for imposing tariffs on Canadian steel and aluminum.


How to smile through the decline and fall of Canada

I’m often asked whether political and legal developments in Canada get me down. And my honest answer is that they rarely do. I’m often amazed and encouraged by the impact we can still have when we seize the freedom God has given us and take action.

But I admit that last Friday’s Supreme Court of Canada TWU decision really hurts. It is a game-changer. I don’t think most Canadians realize just how profound an impact it will likely have on our most fundamental freedoms.

Share

World Cup 2018 exposing Iranian restrictions on women: ‘I was sent to jail for trying to go to a game in Tehran’

For Kiana and Paria, two twentysomething women from Iran, this World Cup has been a liberating experience. For a start, the two of them have been able to do something they never have been able to do in their own country: go to a football match. In fact, earlier this year, when Paria tried to attend a game in her home city she was arrested. The charge was offending public decency. “I love sport, I love football and in Iran women can’t go to watch,” she explains. “One night I try. I go to the game and I went to jail.”

Share

British engineer was so angry about Manchester terror attack he travelled to Syria to fight Isil, inquest hears

A British engineer was so angry about the Manchester terror attack he travelled to Syria to fight Isil, and inquest has heard.

Ollie Hall – Died Gallantly Fighting Muslims

Ollie Hall, 24, who was killed searching for booby trap bombs in Syria, was described as an “outstanding example of courage and self-sacrifice” by the coroner in Portsmouth.

The telecoms engineer left for Iraq via Germany on August 18 last year and met up with the Kurdistan People’s Protection Units (YPG), attending its training academy in Rojava, northern Syria, for five weeks before working to clear mines and explosives in Raqqa, where he died on November 25.

Share

Cologne ricin plot by Muslim terrorist bigger than initially suspected

German authorities said on Wednesday that they had averted a major biological attack by arresting a Tunisian in Cologne a week ago, with the scale of the plot greater than initially thought.

The 29-year-old man, identified only as Sief Allah H. in accordance with German privacy laws, had manufactured ricin, a poison found in castor beans, for the suspected attack, the president of the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA), Holger Münch, told German broadcaster RBB-Inforadio.

“There were very concrete preparations for such an act using what you might call a biological bomb,” Münch said, describing it as an “unprecedented” threat.

Share

Honor Killing and Islam

A new book documents the spread of a vicious practice into the West.

Phyllis Chesler pioneered the study of violence against women in the late 1960s, concentrating on women living in North America and Europe. By 2003, she was writing about honor killings, based on newspaper accounts, Internet sources, interviews, and memoirs. She then embarked on a series of equally pioneering, meticulously researched, academic studies of honor killings in the West, but also in the Middle East and South Asia. These studies and over 90 articles on the same subject are collected for the first time in A Family Conspiracy: Honor Killing.

Share

Canada Among Western Nations Supporting “Islamic Relief” With Tax Dollars Despite Its Ties to Jihad

PHILADELPHIA – June 20, 2018 – A new Middle East Forum report reveals that Islamic Relief, a “charity” supported by European and the Canadian & American governments, finances Hamas front organizations.

Islamic Relief Government Support

Share

Trump-bashing Trudeau wears egg on face after report on Canada’s prison-like migrant facilities

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau eagerly climbed on the liberal bandwagon to criticize President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy on illegal immigration, which has resulted in children being separated from their parents.

A soft-spoken Trudeau assured the press that “this is not the way we do things in Canada.”

Share

HASSAN: Yes, we need to ban the burka in Canada

I am joining my colleague Tarek Fatah in appealing to Ontario premier-elect Doug Ford to ban the burka, the oppressive face covering. In fact, I would like to extend this suggestion to premiers of other provinces.

Fundamentalist insistence on the veil is more political than religious. There is nothing in the Qur’an that expressly prescribes wearing even the hijab, let alone the niqab or other forms of face veiling.

I agree, it should happen but Canada lacks politicians with the guts to do it.

Share

Revealed: Canada uses massive US anti-terrorist database at borders

 Documents released to the Guardian show Tuscan contains more than 680,000 names provided to every border guard
 Database is effectively a second Canadian no-fly list, run by the US

Canadian border guards have been screening travellers using a huge, secretive US anti-terrorism database that is almost never referred to publicly, new documents reveal.

The database, called Tuscan, is provided to every Canadian border guard and immigration officer, and empowers them to detain, interrogate, arrest and deny entry to anyone found on it.

Hundreds of pages of documents obtained by the Guardian through Canada’s access to information system reveal the fullest picture yet of a database that, although employed in Canada, is maintained exclusively by the US. It contains the personal information of as many as 680,000 people believed by US authorities to be linked with terrorism, and functions effectively as a second no-fly list that is cloaked in secrecy.

Share

‘Alexandre is not a monster’: Mosque shooter’s parents speak publicly for 1st time

Alexandre Bissonnette, 28, awaits sentence for 6 counts of 1st-degree murder

The parents of Alexandre Bissonnette say they didn’t realize until it was too late how years of intimidation and bullying had affected their son’s mental health.

Raymond Bissonnette and Manon Marchand spoke publicly for the first time Thursday, on the final day of sentencing arguments for their 28-year-old son in Quebec Superior Court.

Alexandre Bissonnette pleaded guilty last March 28 to the first-degree murders of six people and the attempted murders of 40 others, five of whom were seriously injured in the mass shooting at a Quebec City mosque on Jan. 29, 2017.

Share

He plotted to bomb Times Square for ISIS. Records show he’s mentally ill. Is he a terrorist?

To Khdiga Metwally, the medical records spread across her kitchen table are more than a chronicle of her son’s history of addiction and mental illness; they are proof he is not a terrorist.

Abdulrahman El Bahnasawy, a 20-year-old Canadian, faces a possible life sentence when he appears in a New York courtroom as early as next month for plotting a 2016 bombing at Times Square for the so-called Islamic State.

But his mother insists the case is not what it seems.

Sure is a lot of mental illness in Islam.

Share