Withdraw Falz ‘This Is Nigeria’ Video Within 7 Days Or Face Legal Action – MURIC
“Folarin Falana (Falz the Bahd Guy), a Nigerian artist, last week released a new song called ‘This is Nigeria’. The production featured a character that dressed like a Fulani man, who suddenly abandoned his traditional guitar and beheaded a man. It also portrayed women in hijab as choreographers dancing the ‘shaku-shaku’ (a dance associated with a drug-related song).”
“The video manifests ethnic bias against Fulanis while it ignored the criminal activities of ethnic militia of the Middle Belt who have also massacred Fulanis and rustled their cattles in their thousands. This video has denigrated Islam, demonized Nigerian Muslims and subjected them to public opprobium.”
Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen says the Nigerian government has pledged to discourage its citizens from claiming asylum in Canada by crossing between ports of entry along the U.S. border.
Mr. Hussen travelled to Nigeria this week as a part of a federal government effort to contain the surge of asylum seekers – most of whom are Nigerian – at the Canada-U.S. border. He said Nigerian Foreign Minister Geoffrey Onyeama and other senior government officials committed to deter Nigerians from using the U.S. as a transit point to cross into Canada and claim asylum.
“They will take that opportunity onward to use that messaging from us to remind people that crossing the border irregularly is not a free ticket to Canada and that there’s consequences,” Mr. Hussen told reporters after his three-day trip to the West African country.
The minister also spoke with a number of Nigerian media outlets, including radio stations, to dispel the “myths” about Canada’s asylum system.
Two days ago in Nigeria, on April 24, around 30 Muslim herdsmen stormed a church during early morning mass and massacred nearly 20 parishioners and two clergymen.
Rev. Fathers Joseph Gor and Felix Tyolaha were slaughtered while officiating at the altar of St. Ignatius Catholic Church in Mbalom village, Benue. Worshippers were gathered in the church for the daily 5:30 a.m. service when they heard gunshots.
“People started scampering and wailing,” said Terhemen Angor, a local resident. Several people were “gunned down in cold blood while many sustained injuries including bullet wounds… After attacking the church, the invaders descended on the community and razed over 60 houses. The community is on fire and deserted, people are fleeing to neighbouring villages hoping to find a safe haven for their families.”
The only Christian among the 110 schoolgirls ran away from her kidnappers but was caught and brought back three days later, according to fellow captives speaking in their first face-to-face interview since they were returned to their families last week.
Leah Sharibu is the only one of the Dapchi girls that Boko Haram refused to hand over after negotiations with the Nigerian government, apparently because she refused to renounce her faith and convert to Islam. She is still held by the group.
Kidnapped by a militant group that has killed tens of thousands and displaced millions across north-east Nigeria and the surrounding region, the girls’ extraordinary bravery shines through their testimony.
Usually, Africa only breaks through to the West when Western targets are attacked by terrorists. First, two US Black Hawk helicopters were shot down in Somalia in 1993. Then Al Qaeda attacked US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998. Then, only a few days ago, Islamic State published a video purporting to show an ambush in Niger in which four US soldiers were killed last October. The West was silent. The West does not seem to care about the ongoing Islamic terrorist genocide on Africa’s biggest Christian population in Nigeria.
A few days ago, the Coliseum in Rome was lit up red to protest the persecution of Christians. Italy’s most famous landmark was illuminated at the behest of “Aid to the Church in Need” to draw attention to the intense and enormous massacres Christians are suffering.
Nigeria’s government was accused of provoking the terror group Boko Haram into carrying out a mass abduction of schoolgirls by claiming falsely that it had defeated the group.
Dozens of girls from a boarding school in the northern town of Dapchi are still missing after a raid by Boko Haram on Monday, which had echoes of the group’s notorious Chibok kidnapping in 2014.
Monday’s attack was the latest in a two-month upsurge in Boko Haram violence that followed a victorious Christmas Eve address by Nigeria’s president, Muhammadu Buhari. He claimed that the group had been crushed in their “last enclave” in northern Nigeria’s vast Sambisa forest.
The militant Islamist group Boko Haram released a video on Monday which purported to show some of the girls kidnapped from the Nigerian town of Chibok nearly four years ago, saying they do not wish to return home.
Of the some 270 girls originally abducted from their school in April 2014, about 60 escaped soon afterwards and others have since been released after mediation. Around 100 are still believed to be in captivity.
A group of about 12 teenage girls and young women, some of whom are holding babies, are seen in the 21-minute video.
Four persons were killed and about eight others wounded during a Christmas Carol attack by a lone gunman in Nindem village, Jema’a local government area of Kaduna State.
Confirming the incident in a statement, the spokesman for the joint military security taskforce, Operation Safe Haven, Col. I.K. Ekpeyong, said the gunman invaded Godogodo village as the residents were holding a Christmas carol at the community square at about 9:00 p.m. and started shooting sporadically.
The Director General of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, Julie Okah-Donli said: ‘It is my honour and privilege to raise a cry for help in this hallowed chamber on behalf of the most vulnerable members of the society, especially women and children.
Tacked onto the end of the article: “This means that net immigration from the EU stood at just 9,000 for the three months – the lowest the ONS began publishing the figures in early 2015.”
Net immigration is not the bottom line; the real issue is who’s staying and who’s leaving. They’re hiding population replacement behind comforting numbers.