The popular video service said Friday that the new notices are intended to help audiences better understand their sources of news, and they come amid a U.S. government crackdown on a Russian-funded news organization that the U.S. intelligence community has characterized as a propaganda outlet for the Kremlin.
A look at the more subtle side of the two-pronged war on the West.
In certain respects, the real struggle between Islam and the West has less to do with an inherently weak Islam and more to do with subversive Western elements that cover up for and thus empower Islam.
Out-and-out censorship is one of these tactics. In a January 10 email titled, “We’re Suing Google – Here’s Why,” Prager University, which produces short videos on subjects “important to understanding American values,” explained that “YouTube has chosen repeatedly to restrict some of our videos for violating their ‘Community Guidelines.’ Those guidelines are meant to protect users against viewing sexual content, violent or graphic content, and hate speech,” even though “our videos contain nothing even remotely close to any of these categories.”
Last week, YouTube restricted access to a Capital Research Center video, apparently for the dangerous idea it promotes: The universal brotherhood and sisterhood of mankind.
The video, which I wrote, produced, and narrated, was placed in “limited content mode,” blocking it from view in the United Kingdom and 27 other countries.
In the countries where it could still be viewed — such as the U.S. — the video is locked behind a warning message. It cannot attract likes or comments. Advertising on it is forbidden. The Google-owned YouTube blacklists videos like mine after manual review if they are confirmed to contain “inflammatory religious or supremacist content.” So, what monstrosity could I have possibly created?
A radical hate preacher who wants homosexuals publicly executed and Sharia Law to rule over Britain will not have his incendiary videos yanked from YouTube.
According to The U.K. Sun, Abua Haleema — a self-styled cleric — is also a pal of terrorist Khuram Butt who mowed down and stabbed scores of victims on London Bridge. Another buddy is convicted ISIS and hate champion Anjem Choudhary.
YouTube limited features on an official Polish Government video.
Certain features have been disabled for this video – In response to user reports, we have disabled some features, such as comments, sharing, and suggested videos, because this video contains content that may be inappropriate or offensive to some audiences.
Google plans to increase to 10,000 the number of its staffers tasked with tracking down extremist content on YouTube.
“We will continue the growth of our teams, with the goal of bringing the total number of people across Google working to address content that might violate our policies to over 10,000 in 2018,” YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki told Britain’s Daily Telegraph in an interview.
Wojcicki said that “bad actors” had used the video-sharing site to “mislead, manipulate, harass or even harm” others.
The announcement comes after British Prime Minister Theresa May put heavy pressure on the social media companies to remove radical content after a series of deadly terror-related attacks this year in the U.K.
And with the door now open for “extremist content” to be removed with little or no transparency, YouTube should consider amending its claim as a platform “for expression.” Perhaps re-labeling the services as a platform “for politically correct expression” would be more accurate.
YouTube has finally taken a step toward blocking jihadist recruitment videos from being shown. The company blocked most of the 70,000 videos posted by Anwar al-Alwaki, the leading English-speaking jihadist recruiter on the site.
Did I mention that al-Awlaki has been dead for seven years, after being killed in a drone strike in Yemen?
PragerU, the conservative digital media organization from Dennis Prager, is suing YouTube and its parent Google over alleged censorship of their videos.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the lawsuit, which was filed on Monday, “says YouTube’s more than 30 million visitors a day make the site so elemental to free speech in the digital age that it should be treated as a public forum.”
YouTube is under fire for mass demonetization of content creators. It happened to me last week after having an article of mine read on the air by Rush Limbaugh. I don’t think it was a coincidence. Conservative or libertarian views do not seem welcome on YouTube anymore. If you run a search for demonetization on YouTube, you will come up with mostly conservative or libertarian channels that are complaining about unfair treatment. However, shortly after making this argument I was contacted by Hemant Mehta, the Friendly Atheist, who assured me that it’s not just us — atheists and LGBTQ channels are also being demonetized.
What happens in the mainstream press is echoed across news platforms like Google and Facebook. Young decision makers come out of academia, that’s been molding minds for years to think in ways that please MSM editors, political analyst Charles Ortel told RT.
Potential collusion between the New York Times and YouTube has been exposed by the online investigation website Project Veritas.
The video hosting website has been taking down videos depicting the installation or even the mere use of bump stocks. These removals appear to have started on October 6, when a number of prominent firearms channels received notifications from YouTube that their videos featuring bump stocks were a violation of community guidelines on harmful or dangerous content.
Yesterday, October 5, after Rush read my article on his show, I made a video that included my reaction to him talking about it on the air. It wasn’t up for three hours before my videos started getting the dreaded yellow dollar signs — which means YouTube just took away my ability to be paid for them. YouTube made sure that whatever bump in subscribers or views I got from Rush would not benefit me in any way.