Premier Doug Ford slammed Toronto Mayor John Tory in an open letter Saturday afternoon saying once again that Tory has refused to bring the issue of guns and gangs before city council.
In his latest letter to Tory, Ford reiterated the provincial government’s investment of $25 million in funding, which will help in providing tools and resources to combat gun violence, but added that more needs to be done.
The Canadian arm of Tesla, Inc., is taking the Ontario government to court, claiming it has been treated unfairly in the cancellation of a program providing rebates to residents who bought electric vehicles.
In an application for judicial review, Tesla Motors Canada says the decision by Premier Doug Ford‘s government to cancel the program in July left hundreds of its customers no longer eligible for rebates they expected to get when they ordered their vehicles.
Related: Tesla whistleblower/saboteur releases VIN of Model 3s with alleged punctured battery cells
An 11-year-old “transgender” child will be lead applicant in a legal challenge to the Ontario government’s repeal of the Liberal sex-ed curriculum, as liberal backlash to the Tory policy intensifies.
Teachers’ union to back members who defy province’s sex-ed decree
Any elementary teacher who teaches students the updated 2015 sex-ed curriculum will have the full and legal support of their union, says its leader.
The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario says it strongly denounces the Ontario government’s decision to repeal the updated sexual health curriculum which leaves teachers to provide lessons based on 1998 material. The old teachings don’t include topics such as gender identity, online safety or consent.
That sum includes $74 million for temporary housing in Toronto, $90 million in social assistance and $20 million for school spaces for refugee claimants’ children.
As crews in Toronto continue to clean up from Tuesday’s massive rain storm, climate change scientists say we should brace for more frequent and more intense storms than the one that battered the city.
“There’s a lot of legal, responsible handgun owners,” he said. “So we have to refocus all our resources on going after the bad guys, not the good guys, but the bad guys.”
Pandemonium is the best word to describe the goings-on at the Ontario Legislature last week.
NDP Opposition Leader Andrea Horwath verbally threw the kitchen sink at Premier Doug Ford, wildly making allegations Ford had a secret plot on municipal elections, acted like a dictator and carried out and engaged in the “most anti-democratic action this province has seen in years.”
I hope she keeps her “Batshit Crazy” going.
An Ontario man suffering from an incurable neurological disease has provided CTV News with audio recordings that he says are proof that hospital staff offered him medically assisted death, despite his repeated requests to live at home.
“I’m very confident that when teachers return to the classroom this fall, they are going to be using the curriculum that they last used in 2014,” Thompson told reporters Thursday. “We’ll be working with the school boards to ensure they have the curriculum materials that they require.”
The Ontario basic income pilot project is coming to an end, says Children, Community and Social Services Minister Lisa MacLeod.
The Ontario government employs more than one in 10 salaried workers in the province, paying them $41.4 billion in salary and wages.
The Ontario government is introducing legislation Wednesday to kill the cap-and-trade program, Environment Minister Rod Phillips has announced.
The government estimates annual savings of $70 for a household bringing in $4,000 to $20,000 a year.
The savings range up to $430 annually for $150,000-to-$300,000 households in 2019.
You’d have a better chance of finding Waldo in a crowd then former Premier Kathleen Wynne in the legislative assembly.
Ontario’s new Progressive Conservative government has appointed a former British Columbia premier to lead an independent inquiry into the previous Liberal government’s spending.
Premier Doug Ford says Gordon Campbell will head the Commission of Inquiry, which will issue a public report on its findings by Aug. 30.
Ford also announced that the province is taking bids from outside experts to conduct a line-by-line audit of government books.