BREAKING: Chicago Police had Jussie Smollett's phone records all along via subpoena. They only wanted to see if he was trying to cover anything up. Detectives then focused on the numbers he deleted from the records he provided – local media https://t.co/BcBYDxAMHu
— BNL NEWS (@BreakingNLive) February 14, 2019
Update: Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off ‘Empire’
Upadte #2: Chicago Police Reportedly Have Solved the Jussie Smollett ‘Hate Crime’ Hoax
When this story broke, there were a lot of reasons to be suspicious, as I detailed at the time (“You Haters! Stop Questioning Gay Actor’s Claim of ‘MAGA’ Hate Crime in Chicago,” Jan. 31, and “Persons of Interest,” Feb. 1). Now it is being reported that Chicago police are questioning two black men, one of whom appeared as an extra on Empire with Jussie Smollett, and once they get full confessions, we can expect the rest of the story behind this obvious hoax to emerge.
Updates – Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off ‘Empire’
CHICAGO — Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.
Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.”
A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.
Looks like Smollet deleted the calls to his accomplices when he handed over his self-redacted phone records which immediately aroused police suspicion.
Smollett, two others in “active interviews” with Chicago police; Evidence of police “slow play” emerging
A tip received last week by the site linked above.