French prime minister unveils new deradicalisation programme
Following are highlighted components of the deradicalization program…
- Investments in psychological care for the children of returning jihadists. So far 68 children have been repatriated, most of them under 13.
- Tighter regulation of private Islamic schools, which have grown rapidly in number in recent years.
- More training for teachers to help them detect the early signs of radicalisation and debunk conspiracy theories.
- More investment in teaching students to separate fact from fiction on the internet.
- Making it easier to reassign public servants that show signs of radicalisation to jobs that do not involve contact with the public.