Continental Breakfast

Maple Bacon Pancakes

Iran bans English lessons in primary school

Iran has called for an end to teaching English in primary schools, a senior education official said in an interview on Sunday.

Speaking to national broadcaster IRIB, High Education Council leader Mehdi Navid-Adham called the English language a gateway to the “cultural invasion” of the West.


Syrian Hairdresser Who Was Touted As Model Refugee, Then Slit German Salon Owner’s Throat- Turns Out It Wasn’t His Hairdressing Skills That Got Him Hired

In short: Ilona Fugmann decided to give Mohammad, the handsome Syrian refugee, a position in her hair salon. His “skills had immediately convinced her.” The whole town was amazed, and he was touted across the nation as a role model for integration.

It turns out, Mrs. Fugmann wasn’t speaking of Mohammad’s hairdresser skills. And, Mohammad hadn’t accidentally come to her salon looking for a job, like she told the press last year, either. But see for yourself.


‘We are offended’: Franchisees blast Wynne for unfairly targeting Tim Hortons’ founding families

An association representing Tim Hortons franchisees has issued a scathing response to Kathleen Wynne’s comments about the coffee and donut chain’s founding families.

“We are offended that (Wynne) has mischaracterized Jeri Horton-Joyce and Ron Joyce Jr. in this way,” the Great White North Franchisee Association said in response to the Ontario Premier’s remarks Thursday.


Vermont: Muslim arrested after using machete to attack 73-year-old Burlington woman

A Burlington man faces attempted murder charges after allegedly attacking a woman with a machete.

That female, was a 73-year-old Meals on Wheels volunteer who was dropping off meals on the regular route. It is unclear what provoked the attack, but police say 32-year-old Abukar Ibrahim was the one with a machete. He attacked the woman who sustained multiple injuries. She was sent to the hospital, and later released.


Canadian border could be tested anew by Salvadorans

The federal government’s contingency plans for a new surge of asylum seekers at the border this winter could be put to the test with the pending U.S. decision on the fate of 200,000 Salvadorans.

The Trump administration is on the cusp of deciding whether to renew the temporary protected status that’s allowed Salvadorans to live in the United States without fear of deportation since 2001.




Share