The National Archives is releasing documents previously withheld in accordance with the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. The vast majority of the Collection (88%) has been open in full and released to the public since the late 1990s. The records at issue are documents previously identified as assassination records, but withheld in full or withheld in part.
More… Trump delays release of some Kennedy files pending review
The Trump administration is blocking the release of some records compiled during the investigation into the assassination of former President John F. Kennedy, which were set to be released on Thursday.
President Trump said in a memo he “has no choice” but to withhold the information as requested by government agencies, citing national security concerns. Officials said the concerns originated mostly from the FBI and CIA.
“I have no choice today but to accept those redactions rather than allow potentially irreversible harm to our Nation’s security,” Trump said in the memo to department and agency heads released by the White House.