New York Democratic Rep Jose Serrano said America “should never, ever, ever build a wall” in order to “keep people out” and should instead “build another Statue of Liberty on the southern border.”
A modest counter proposal:
- Build the wall.
- 500 yard “No Man’s Land” buffer zone.
- Full time armed border guards supported by citizen’s groups.
- No immigrant can become a US citizen: their US born children may apply.
- Limit US funds being sent out of country by immigrants.
- Charge country of origin for detention costs of illegal immigrants.