CONTEST: Islamophobia? GET REAL!
How M-103 is implemented will depend upon decisions made by the House of Commons Standing Committee on Canadian Heritage (CHPC) in the next six months.
Do you have your own personal story of what suppression of speech and expression will mean to you? Or of how an accusation of Islamophobia or the fear of one has silenced free speech?
Want all MPs and the Standing Committee to see it?
Want your ideas posted for all Canadians to see on the C3RF web-site?
Share your story with us and win a prize if your e-mail or video is chosen the best entry in one of four categories
- BEAVER: Best e-mail entry by an adult 25 years and over
- MOOSE: Best e-mail entry by a student age 10-25
- CANADA GOOSE: Best video by an adult 25 years and over
- OTTER: Best student videoContest Details:
1. Open to any Canadian resident or landed immigrant over age 15, including ex-pats temporarily abroad
2. You agree that your e-mail or video may be edited by C3RF, and any submission containing hate speech will be refused
3. You agree that C3RF will number each entry and send it to every MP in Canada
4. Submit entry with your name, age, address and postal code, and (for purposes of pre-notification of potential edits by C3RF) phone number
5. A video entry must be no longer than 7 minutes
6. An e-mail entry must be 600 words or less. Original content please; any footnotes, references, source or permission notices are to appear outside of text.
7. Deadline June 15, 2017. Submission should have “Islamophobia? GET REAL! In the Subject Line, followed by the Category
8. No more than three entries per person.
For website content details: see https://www.canadiancitizens.org/contest-islamophobia-get-real
Entries should be sent to Debbie Rose <DRose@canadiancitizens.org> before the deadline date.
For information about how you can get lobbyist training, act on advocacy and protect Canada, see https://www.canadiancitizens.org/take-action