Canadian citizen among hostages taken by ‘group of outlaws’ in Libya, Global Affairs confirms

Ottawa has confirmed that a Canadian is among three people taken hostage in Libya earlier this week.

In a statement Sunday, Global Affairs spokesman Michael O’Shaughnessy said the Canadian government is “diligently pursuing all appropriate channels to obtain more information about this troubling incident.”

He said the government will not comment further or release any information that may compromise efforts to secure the hostages’ release or endanger the safety of Canadian citizens.

Share