Cautionary tales of Christmas injuries: from tree allergies to electric shocks

Christmas revelers: take heed. Last year, 190 people ended up in the emergency room as a result of Christmas decorations. They include a 31-year-old woman who slipped while stapling a Christmas light and ended up stapling her left hand. But many more were hurt on Christmas Day itself, according to the National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS), a federal database which tracks the product-related injuries that get treated in US emergency rooms each year.