Rex Murphy: The High Church of Global Warming

Because Rex Murphy:

If one wishes to learn the true value of what a commitment to the New Learning actually involved, then Ontario is both laboratory and experiment. By what fraction of a degree did the world’s temperature actually lower itself — was it 0.01 per cent, 0.001 per cent or any fractional mite in between? — for that $37 billion?

Could it even be — Heresy of Heresies — that maybe the global temperature moved not at all, or — Good Gore, save us — went upwards? We cannot know, for it is the nature of this subject that substantive answers are never possible nor welcome. When dealing with the “airy subtleties” of the new Faith, we must settle for ignorance, but as long as it is for the Great Cause, as long as 50,000 can jet to Paris, Rio or Beijing annually, who cares that we have no certainty? As long as the faith holds, there is no call for certainties.

  • David Murrell

    Rex Murphy, a global warming denier? One wonders about his employment tenure at CBC News.

  • Tanya

    The only people that will really benefit from these Global Warming cocktail party will be the subsidised green alternate energy suppliers. No wonder people like the ex vice president of the US had a big smile on his face.

    • andycanuck

      And the Liberals who will be laundering donations through them just like the Dems and Solyndra in the States.

  • terrence

    Somewhere Dr Tim Ball had his version of GIGO – Garbage In Garbage Out.

    His was Gospel In Gospel Out – really appropriate in THE HIGH CHURCH OF GLOBAL WARMING

    • ontario john

      Conrad Black also has an interesting story on the National Post website.

  • ontario john

    OK children, can every one say “Tax Grab”.

  • Ed

    Enthusiast Wynne forgets who her bosses are. Its us, Ontarians, not the WORLD, or the UN, or TRUDEAU, or all the rest. We vote, they don’t.

    • ontario john

      Yes, but we have great homosexual parades. That seems to be all that matters to Ontario voters.

      • Clausewitz

        We have the power……….. Once every four years or so.

        • WalterBannon

          only civil war can save us now

    • Minicapt

      And in the last vote?


  • Alain

    As usual Rex is bang on.

  • Jay Currie

    Rex is delightful as always. But Paris was the high tide of Global Warming hysteria and it produced a do nothing “agreement”.

    The warmers are never again going to have the combination of an ignorant, cheerleading, media and idiot politicians. Nor will they be able to keep up the pretense that the science is settled because their “science” is collapsing.

    El Nino is likely close to over and that one time goosing of the temps is going to fade. If there is a La Nina, instead of an 18 year pause in temperature they are going to have to explain how temps can be falling despite increased CO2 emissions. Which they can’t.

    Now is the time to kick them even harder. Rub their noses in the crappy science and the phoney “consensus”. Grind politicians who put up high cost, low effectiveness wind and solar.

    And, while it screws our friends in Alberta (and Canada at large) enjoy $40.00 oil and, soon, sub $1.00/L gas.

    • andycanuck

      I’m guessing the “Carbon Tax” will kill any savings at the pump.

      • Jay Currie

        It may. On the other hand, in large parts of Vancouver and its suburbs the net effect of BC’s carbon tax has been a quick dip to the filling stations just across the border. Gas sales have fallen. Ooopsie.

  • B__2

    Being one of the priests of the High Church of Global Warming is a nice job: amongst other things, the UN wants the ‘developed world’ to fork over $100 billion dollars every year, an amount greater than Slovakia’s GDP – but without any costs associated with running a country. If you assume that the costs form 80% of your GDP and your discretionary spending is the remaining 20% (a complete guess, btw), then this $100 billion per annum is equivalent to the amount Norway’s government has to spend on whatever it likes. A UN bureaucrat’s dream job – running Norway without ever having to worry about elections nor accountability beyond handing money to ‘green’ projects. First class travel for life. five star hotels for life, and being fêted for life by everyone wanting grants of millions or billions of dollars for their ‘green’ projects. You could even claim to have offset your jet-setting carbon-heavy lifestyle with more money thrown at ‘green’ projects, courtesy of the taxpayer in the Western World.

    • WalterBannon

      The UN needs to be destroyed. Not getting out of this was another failure by Harper, just like his not shutting down the CBC was.