UPDATED II: 4 Dead including the attacker (still no name released), one teacher, and two students.
UPDATED: A boy and a teacher have died and three others are injured after a knife attack at a school in Trollhättan, western Sweden. A student has told The Local he feared he would be “murdered”.
- Pupil and teacher dead and three injured in school attack
- One of two boys, 11 and 15, being treated for serious stab wounds is reported dead
- 21-year-old attacker seriously injured
- Student tells The Local his teacher was stabbed
- ‘If I had not run, I would have been murdered,’ student tells The Local
- PM Stefan Löfven: ‘A dark day for Sweden’
Various news outlets are stating that the attacker’s “motive is unclear”. Usually that means that the attacker is a Muslim and his motivation was Islam. The Attacker’s identity is still not being released.
The attack took place on Thursday morning at the school, around 75km from Gothenburg, after a man wearing a mask walked into a building on the premises.
Police spokesman Stefan Gustafsson later told Swedish media that the attacker used “several knife-like objects”.
A hospital in Trollhättan confirmed that a teacher died in the incident.
Police later told the TT news agency that one of the two boys, 11 and 15, being treated for serious stab wounds along with a male teacher at Trollhättan hospital had also died. The attacker is also injured.