22 year old Devon Staples was drinking with his buddies on Independence Day, setting off fireworks, when he decided it would be a great idea to place a mortar on his head and light it.
He died instantly when it exploded.
His mom, Kathleen, naturally now wants the government to step in and further regulate fireworks, because her son was just “goofing off” and he thought the mortar was a dud, so apparently that means more government is necessary. More warning labels or something. Because how else would we know coffee is hot, you guys? Without government stepping in to tell us that coffee is hot, HOW WOULD WE EVER KNOW?
Likewise, how are people supposed to know, all by themselves, that putting a firework of any sort on your head is a bad idea? HOW, I ask you?
Classic Onion: Fun Toy Banned Because Of Three Stupid Dead Kids