Texas man, dog die after being trapped in Corvette

PORT ARTHUR, Texas — A 72-year-old man and his dog died of heat exhaustion Monday after they were unable to get out of his locked Corvette, according to police.

Police believe that when James Rogers got into the vehicle, a cable became loose and cut off the power to the operate the horn and locks. Rogers did not know how to manually unlock the vehicle and became trapped inside, according to the Port Arthur Police Department.

  • Clink9

    Weird. My dad has a rescue tool in his car that cuts seat belts and breaks glass.

    • Good idea.

      • G

        This guy couldn’t kick the window out? Hard to believe.

  • eMan14

    A sad loss of life.

  • Maggat

    Christ all mighty, this was Texas. Pull out your side arm and shoot out the window. I think this dude was maybe from a blue state. Feel sorry for the puppy.

  • UCSPanther

    This is why I prefer cars with manual door locks…

  • mauser 98

    heat will kill a battery same as cold

  • Clear Thinker

    Darwin wins again.

  • Hard Little Machine

    I bet the interior reeked of Rogaine and Testosterone gel. And stupid.