A Strategic Plan For The West

Entities without a plan tend to drift; they tend to get overtaken by events instead of shaping events in their favor. The United States shouldn’t be drifting because it has a plan. The Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986 requires a National Security Strategy to be issued annually. The latest dates from February 2015. Reading it won’t make you any wiser though. It is a mess of pabulum, evinced by the fact that one chapter is entitled “Confront Climate Change.” Not “Win Against Climate Change” or “We Will Run Away From Climate Change,” but simply confront something without having a result.

Share
  • Destroyer-Drone

    This is by far the most realistic assessment of the situation, and one that is 98.9% in line with my own geopolitical views. The remaining 1.1% concerns other ways of proceeding inside Western Civ. when it comes to our economic and migratory policies (which have been left out of this article). As well as slightly different ways of dealing with the EU-UN-China axis: to which I would also add Mexico, ISIS, & Iran.

    Now in the interest of fairness, let’s compare that to the much-vaunted, albeit numbing, Grand Strategy of the present POTUS:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icq60Uxd3As

    All dumb talk, no smart action.

    • Frau Katze

      I agree. Might even buy his book.

    • Good point.