THE NSW government has built a wall of secrecy around the burial of Man Haron Monis, eager to keep from the public the location of the grave of the man who held 18 people hostage in a lone Islamic terrorist act.
Sydney’s The Daily Telegraph reported yesterday that Monis, who died along with two of the hostages in a shootout at the Lindt cafe in Sydney’s Martin Place last month, was buried by agents of the state on Tuesday.
The newspaper said the state Coroner released Monis’s body to be buried by gravediggers in an undisclosed location in NSW, with those involved in the burial required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
A well-placed source confirmed the report, saying the location of the grave had been kept secret from all but those directly involved.
“I don’t know whether anybody but the coroner and the gravediggers know,” the source said.
Islamic leaders have publicly disowned Monis and condemned his actions, which he took in the name of the Islamic State terrorist group, which subsequently praised him for the siege and the deaths of Lindt cafe manager Tori Johnson and barrister Katrina Dawson…