Jewish victim in Charlie Hebdo attack received death threats

A Jewish victim of the massacre at the offices of the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine received threatening phone calls prior to the attack, warning her to quit her job at the satirical magazine, the cousin of the slain Elsa Cayat told CNN.

Cayat, a columnist for the magazine and a psychiatrist by profession, was killed in the shooting attack last week along with nine of her colleagues, including Jewish cartoonist Georges Wolinski, and two police officers.

Sophie Bramly told the TV station on Friday that she believed her cousin was targeted for being a Jew, “Though, obviously, I can’t know for sure.”

“And also when I talked to her brother last night, he was telling me she had been getting phone calls for a while, anonymous phone calls but the calls were saying, basically, dirty Jew. You should stop working for Charlie Hebdo otherwise we’re going to kill you,” she said…

Share