(Photo: Released by ISIS itself, full of pride at their bloodthirsty ways, the photo shows Iraqi soldiers being led away for execution.)
At the beginning of this month, the United Nations released a report that could provide us with one of the keys to defeating ISIS. Unfortunately, it received almost zero media attention.
What makes this 26-page report (PDF) so powerful is that it describes to us the gruesome circumstances in which ISIS has killed fellow Muslims. We are talking beheadings, killing of women for objecting to ISIS’ policies, and executing Sunni Muslim clerics for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS…
…Here are a few examples from the report to give you an idea of the way ISIS has methodically slaughtered Muslims:
• On September 5, ISIS executed three Sunni women in Mosul. What was their “crime”? They refused to provide medical care to ISIS fighters.
• On September 9, ISIS executed a Sunni Imam in western Mosul for refusing to swear loyalty to ISIS.
• On August 2, a man from the Salah ad Din province was abducted and beheaded for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
• On August 19, a female Muslim doctor south of Mosul was killed for organizing a protest to object to ISIS’ mandate that female doctors cover their faces with religious veils when treating patients
• On August 31, 19 Sunni Muslim men were executed in Saadiya for refusing to swear allegiance to ISIS.
• On July 22, a Sunni Imam in Eastern Baquba was killed for simply denouncing ISIS.
• On September 9, ISIS executed two Muslim women by shooting them in the back of the head. Their exact “crime” was not known.
No matter what your religion or lack thereof, no one with a grain of humanity should be supporting these barbarians.