“Day Of Pink” aka Pink Day is celebrated on the 2nd Wednesday of April by the Peel Board.
How arrogant is the Peel District School Board? Check out the suggested responses to parental objections to “Pink Day”. You can bet they’re just itchin to pull this on Muslim parents.
Religion and Cultural Objections “This is against our religion/culture.”
- As teachers, we do not condone children being removed from classes when we engage in anti-racism education. This issue is no different.
- All children, including yours, have a right to an education free from discrimination.
- Teachers and principals have a legal obligation to respond to all forms of harassment and discrimination in schools.
- (Note: Don’t enter into debates about meanings or merits of scriptural texts)
Parent Rights “This is against our rights as parents to teach our own set of family values.”
- As teachers, we do not condone children being removed from classes when we teach about Aboriginal People, people of colour, people with disabilities or LGBTTIQ people
- You can teach your own values at home. Public schools teach everyone about respecting diversity and valuing everyone
- This is not about parent rights. Children have the right to an inclusive education free from discrimination