The rage and frustration I feel as the full dimensions of the Mumbai attacks become clear is dangerous. I was walking through a supermarket parking lot when I saw this bumper sticker…
There are many people in the Toronto community who feel a need to show a public expression of compassion for the hideous murder of innocent civilians in Mumbai ? Jews, Hindus and others, targeted by evil madmen?
Thus we are holding a:
A SOLIDARITY RALLY
THURSDAY DECEMBER 4, 12:00 NOON ? 1:00 PM
180 BLOOR STREET WEST to365 BLOOR STREET EAST
ISRAELI to INDIAN CONSULATE
Meet in front of the Israeli Consulate and after a memorial we will walk three blocks to the Indian Consulate.
Canadian Hindu Advocacy – 416.857.3537
Media Action Group – email@example.com
Toronto Zionist Council – 416.781.3571
We deplore these acts of terror and mourn for all the victims. Although most victims were Hindu, specific targeting of Israelis, Jews and Westerners occurred at each point of attack, especially at the Chabad religious centre where the young rabbi, his wife and visitors were brutally murdered and tortured.
Please indicate in an email if you will be attending?
Shirley Anne Haber
The Media Action Group
From Naomi Regan
The Outrageous Murders in Mumbai by Muslims
1. According to a DEBKA report, the victims in Chabad House were tied up and tortured before being killed. Indian doctors who saw the bodies said they were “shocked.”
2. Rivka Holtzberg, the young Rabbi’s wife, was six months pregnant, her father told mourners.
3. Yediot Acharonot reported that the Torah scrolls in the ark at Chabad House had been pierced by gun fire. The tear in the scroll came in the Torah portion “After the Death of the Saintly” or in Hebrew: Achra Mot Kedoshim.
4. During the memorial ceremony in the Mumbai synagogue held before the bodies were transferred for burial in Israel, the eulogies were interrupted by the cry of two-year old orphan Moishe Holtzberg who cried out “IMA!”
5. The heartbreaking photo of a crying and distraught Moishe in the arms of the Indian housekeeper just before boarding the plane to Israel made the front page of all Israeli papers. This little boy’s expression shows what the heroes of the “religion of peace” have managed to accomplish by tying up his pregnant mother and shooting her in cold blood because she was a Jew.
6. Tens of thousands of Israelis attended the funerals of the Holtzbergs and the other victims in Jerusalem and other Israeli cities.