‘Penny-pinching’ curry house boss ‘killed allergic customer by giving him takeaway containing peanuts because it was cheaper than almonds’

A restaurant boss killed one of his customers by serving him a meal containing ground peanuts and triggering a severe allergic reaction, a court heard today.

Mohammed Zaman, who was heavily in debt, used groundnut mix which included peanuts in his curries because it was cheaper than almond powder, jurors were told.

Customer Paul Wilson, 38, died from a peanut allergy after eating a takeaway which contained peanuts despite having asked for a curry with no nuts and been assured that the dish would be safe for him to eat.

Teesside Crown Court heard that the waiter who took his order and the chef who prepared the meal at the Indian Garden restaurant in Easingwold, North Yorkshire were both working illegally.

  • Drunk_by_Noon

    If you ever wondered just what you life was worth to a Muslim from the third-world, then here ya go!
    About the price of a curry side dish.
    That is the value of your life to these animals.
    Nothing more, and sometimes even quite a bit less.

    • I hope he is jailed.

      • Drunk_by_Noon

        Jailed, stripped of all wealth, deported…
        He needs to have his family’s lives ruined too while they are at it.

      • WalterBannon

        that would be racist of course

        instead he will be sent on a vacation to recover from the trauma of not being able to collect the bill from this customer…

        • dance…dancetotheradio

          It was takeaway.
          He paid up front.

    • dance…dancetotheradio

      I won’t eat their goddamned food.
      It’s unclean.
      And this guy should have had an epipen.

  • WalterBannon

    He was culturally enriched…

    • dance…dancetotheradio

      Remember when cultural enrichment used to mean getting perogies and cabbage rolls from the Ukrainian food stall at the Red River Exhibition?
      I know, I’m turning into Andy Rooney.
      So what?

  • Rosenmops

    I would never eat at a restaurant run by Muzz. Never. Just the dirt alone would make you sick, even if they weren’t actively trying to poison you.

    • dance…dancetotheradio

      My ignorant coworkers never miss a chance to court food poisoning if they’re near one of those horrible joints at lunch time.
      I’d rather go hungry.

  • UCSPanther

    Cripes! First that story of a curry house chef who stubbornly refused to wash his hands after using the washroom, and now this…

    • dance…dancetotheradio

      My only culinary wish is that lefty celebrity chef Bourdain should dine there.

  • Dana Garcia

    Mohammed in the kitchen should be a warning to one and all.

  • DavidinNorthBurnaby

    I’d starve before I ate muzzie muck. I feel a little sick (and a little like blowing myself up inside the place) just passing by one of their establishments.

  • Millie_Woods

    I’m nominating this guy for a Posthumous Darwin Award.

    • There are restaurants I avoid now, that includes any Tim Horton’s in Toronto.

      • dance…dancetotheradio

        Remember when white people worked at Tim’s?

    • Minicapt

      Darwin Awards, according to the rules, are posthumous.


      • dance…dancetotheradio

        There are near misses.

  • Blind Druid

    It was sorta weird the last time I was in the U.K. after a long absence, to realize that most of the Fish and Chip shops that used to be British Mum & Dad businesses are now operated by either Paki or Algerian muslims and often, (no problem) orientals. I found them to be very friendly, and the food was very good. But this was small town Wales. I don’t think we can trust them in the bigger centres. Google “Charlene Downes”.

    • DavidinNorthBurnaby

      “Iyad Albattikhi”
      So, he’s clearly Welsh too, like the kid he murdered etc. Probably the Church in Wales.

    • AlanUK

      Our local chippie is run by a (Greek) Cypriot family, who also run a couple of dozen others. They were the first food providers in my town to get the 5 stars award for hygiene And I know they have kept up with the standard. You not only get a good meal. You also know you WON’T get food poisoning.
      Reminds me of my University town. There were 4 Chinese restaurants in the town centre. 3 oo 4 had been closed (one of them multiple times) because of rats in the kitchens. Made some of the places Gordon Ramsay has sorted out look good!

  • dswami

    It must be a Paki restaurant, not an Indian one. For rape cases they blame “Asians” whic covers Indians, Thais, Burmese etc etc. when in actual fact they are Pakis Now they blame Indian restaurants