dirty_bomb

ISIS feared to have obtained ‘highly dangerous’ radioactive material stolen from US firm in Iraq which could be used to make a ‘dirty’ bomb

Islamic State terrorists are feared to have obtained ‘highly dangerous’ radioactive material that could be used as a weapon in their war against the West.

The Iraqi government is searching for the material, stored in a protective case the size of a laptop, after it was stolen in November from a storage facility near the southern city of Basra.

It is said to have belonged to U.S. oilfield services company Weatherford and utilizes gamma rays to test flaws in materials in oil and gas pipelines.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+RedditLinkedInTumblrWhatsAppShare
  • sal

    Perhaps all should study The Half-Life and Time frame of Disappearance of said material.
    Stank of Iraq, Saddam & WMD.
    And the War Propaganda Ramps up…
    as Promised.

  • Exile1981

    That makes it a radiography unit. There is enough in one of those to cause issues but not a huge amount. Its usually Cobolt 60 or irridium 192 ( cobolt is used in units designed for thicker steel). The source in one of those units is smaller than a AAA battery.

    Just looked in my refetence book; both types of units use less than a half an ounce of material. So even with a large explosive its still not a lot of danger to a big area.

    • Xavier

      10 grams of Ir-192.

      • Exile1981

        That would be a unit for doing steel upto 3 inches thick.

  • Drunk_by_Noon

    If ISIS had any brains, they would cook it off in the holiest Mosque known to Shia-dom.
    That would be a laugh riot, metaphorically speaking.

  • Terrence

    OT – I went to the Daily Mail link and I noticed another article and read it. You should see what a fool a UK bike rider made of himself.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3450725/What-sort-f-ing-idiot-Furious-cyclist-confronts-female-driver-cut-internet-takes-side.html#comments

    • Drunk_by_Noon

      99% of bicyclists ruin it for the other 1%.

      • terrence

        All to true – just like lawyers

      • Exile1981

        DBN, any advice on loading rock salt into 12 gauge shells? A boy has been by my house two days in a row to visit my tween daughter. He seems like a nice kid and I’m friends with his grandfather… so these are more so I can have the talk with him than for immediate use.

        • Drunk_by_Noon

          If you just want to talk, skip the rock salt entirely and just let him hear the slide action of a Remington 870 at the end of every important sentence while dry firing it, like you would use a punctuation mark.

          It saves your hearing, possible arrests for the discharge of a firearm inside of city limits, and if he winds up putting a ring on your daughter in a few years, family get-togethers will be a lot more easy going.

          • Exile1981

            I was thinking of having him talk to me in my man cave. Explain to him what behavior is acceptable in a young man. Then set some ground rules… like if he kissed her, thats what the rock salt rounds are for. Anything beyound that I switch to buckshot.

        • Xavier

          Tell her no dating until she’s 30.

  • V10_Rob

    The solution is simple.

    We all get together and buy millions in Windex stock. Then we gift it Obama and his cronies, as well as the GOP bigwigs. A few dollars each is all it takes.

    They’ll find a reason to turn desert shitholes into large sheets of glass by the end of the week.

  • Hard Little Machine

    whatever happens the Jews will be blamed. hence no one do anything about it.