White Liberal

D.C. NPR Family Another Victim of Black Violence and Denial

If Lori Kaplan depended only on her employers at NPR for news, she was probably surprised at the black mob violence that almost killed her white husband.

Kaplan is the Senior Director of Audience Research at NPR in downtown Washington, D.C. That is where she regularly meets her husband at the end of his evening commute on the Metro Red Line.

Below is the WAPO article.

Man suffers concussion, broken jaw on Metro’s Red Line in rush hour attack

Later, she said, the victim stood up and made his way to the front of the car.

“And his face was bloody, and he just kept saying, ‘What station is this?’ ‘Is my wife here?’ ” Smyth said.

He also asked, “Did I do something wrong? What happened?”

  • Drunk_by_Noon

    That’s the problem with blacks; 95% of them ruin it for the other 5%.

    • The press is near criminally negligent.

      • Justin St.Denis

        Only “near”? I think a serious class-action suit might dispel many of that notion.

    • Millie_Woods

      I think 5% is overly optimistic.

      • BitterClinger


  • David Murrell

    Lori Kaplan’s husband called the atrackers an “idiot gang”. But according to NPR parlance, these are “disenfranchised Africsn-American youth”, surely.

    • andycanuck

      Definitely. And stop calling me “Shirley”.

      • David Murrell

        I loved the move “Airplane!”, and who-know-who coming up with that wisecrack. This is one of the great comic movies ever made, and non-pc to boot.

  • El Martyachi

    What an unfortunate turn of events.

  • BitterClinger

    No sympathy from me. In fact, it would have been better for us normal people if that stupid bastard had been killed. We need less of his kind.

  • andycanuck

    CWW. Guilty of commuting while white, honky!

  • Blind Druid

    Should have been riding Bernhard Goetz style —

  • Hard Little Machine

    I don’t see a problem with any of this.