Australia riot police

Australia plans tougher controls on teen terror suspects

SYDNEY: Australia on Tuesday (Oct 13) outlined plans to tighten counter-terrorism laws further, including restricting the movements of suspects as young as 14 in the wake of a deadly attack by a teenager this month.

Attorney-General George Brandis said a fifth instalment of the legislation had been drawn up and would be introduced to parliament in coming weeks.

It follows Farhad Jabar, a radicalised 15-year-old, shooting police employee Curtis Cheng in the back of the head in Sydney while reportedly shouting religious slogans before being gunned down by police.

“The new laws will, among other things, lower the age at which a control order can be applied from 16 to 14 years of age,” Brandis said in a statement.

  • Martin B

    “…lower the age at which a control order can be applied from 16 to 14 years of age”

    No doubt the Muzz will respond with a crop of 12 year old jihadis.

  • FactsWillOut

    Import Muslims, use as pretext to impose police state.

    • Deovindice

      Stalin turned the most violent prisoners loose, then when violent crime went through the roof he offered the solution to the problem he had created, and the desperate People accepted. History repeats itself. Times and technology may change, but Human Nature remains the same.

  • Ron MacDonald

    What would Justin do?

  • Blacksmith

    Fek it! deport them and their entire families if you even suspect they are jihadi’s or thinking that way. Once that takes effect they will self deport and those not pisslamist will be known and can become a useful part of society.