ÒThe Runaway,Ó Norman Rockwell, 1958. Oil on canvas, 35 3/4" x 33 1/2'" Cover illustration for ÒThe Saturday Evening Post,Ó September 20, 1958. Norman Rockwell Museum Collections. ©1958 SEPS: Curtis Publishing, Indianapolis, IN

Hundreds of officers in the Greater Toronto Area disciplined for ‘serious’ misconduct in past five years

A York Region rookie hits his wife with an open hand so hard he ruptures her eardrum.

A Toronto police constable cheats on his sergeant exam on three separate occasions by having his girlfriend, who was also a police officer, radio him the answers.

An OPP constable drives a homeless aboriginal man several kilometres out of town and leaves him to walk back at dusk along a busy highway in near-freezing temperatures.

They’re all still cops.

  • Maurixio Garciasanchez

    In the whole justice system 10% of them maybe are doing are corrupt job , they are violent , law abusers plus they feel untouchable.

    • Yes it is a minority.

      • Maurixio Garciasanchez

        It is a minority but it creates a distrust and it could create a war between cops and people look what’s happening in the US , at same time innocent cops pay the the price .

        • lolwut?

          The only “War” in the US is leftists weaponizing blacks using dead thugs as symbols of imaginary oppression.

    • DD_Austin

      If 10% are “corrupt, what are the other 90% that look the other way
      when the law is broken by their fellow “officers”?

      Considering enforcing the law is their job…. which they are not doing
      it would be better to say 10% are totally corrupt, 20% somewhat corrupt
      and 70% are corrupt by being too lazy and cowardly to do their job visa vee
      their fellow officers or due process of law.

      However that being said, they are also hamstuing by a politically correct
      “justice” system than is entirely corrupt, and frankly insane. Their leadership is entirely political, and rank and file moral is at 0%.

      The problem isn’t with the cops, it’s with their traitorous leadership, just as
      the problem isn’t with Canadians but their traitorous leadership.

  • canminuteman

    Many years ago I was a lieutenant in a reserve regiment. Quite a few of the sergeants and even some of the officers were police constables (and higher ranks) in their day jobs. The stories they used to tell about the things they got up to at work were really quite shocking. An awful lot of cops get up to things that would really disappoint the general public if they knew.

  • David

    I certainly wouldn’t expect that you could immerse yourself in the degradation that cops immerse themselves in and come out unscathed. I’m more concerned with politicized cops voting their wages.

  • Shebel

    So 10 % of Cops- are a threat to Law and Order but
    10% of Muslims – is a mere Nothing.

  • ontario john

    Another union Wynne props up to support her corrupt government.

  • Shebel

    I thought I heard something about Wynne spending 40 0r 50 million to set up sexual assault shelters.
    Apparently ,it has something to do with heterosexuals screwing each other.

  • pike bishop

    I did laugh reading this litany of abuse.

  • Wow. We can totally trust these guys to keep us safe.

  • Alain

    Why wonder why they are still cops when they are unionised. That plus the politicalisation of law enforcement is responsible more than anything else.

    • Maurixio Garciasanchez

      You got that one right bro.

  • Jim Horne

    I still thin that this is one of most honourable professions on the planet.

    Paul Harvey “Policeman”