ATHENS, GREECE - JULY 03:  A man erects a Nai (yes) poster next to a rival Oxi (no) poster as electioneering on the referendum continues on July 3, 2015 in Athens, Greece. The 'Yes' and 'No' supporters  in Greece are set to hold major rallies in Athens today ahead of Sunday's referendum on an international bailout terms.  (Photo by Christopher Furlong/Getty Images)

Opinion Polls Suggest More Greeks Would Vote ‘No’

ATHENS—Four opinion polls conducted during Sunday’s bailout referendum suggested more Greeks would vote “no” than “yes” to the demands of the country’s international lenders, an outcome that would set the country on a collision course with the rest of the eurozone.

The referendum result could differ from the opinion polls, which were conducted by telephone on behalf of Greek TV stations. No surveys of voter behavior were conducted at polling stations. The opinion polls suggest the referendum race is close.


Update: After 20pc of the vote is counted, Greeks look to have voted ‘No’ with a 60pc majority against Europe’s bail-out conditions

Livefeed at Legal Insurrection

  • Waffle

    Whatever . . .it’s all Greek to me.

  • Icebow

    Funny how ‘NAI’ means ‘yes’ in Greek. They’re out of the last-chance saloon now, och ay, sorry ee.

  • BillyHW
    • dance…dancetotheradio

      Posting pictures of pedophiles is offensive.
      What’s the difference between Neil Armstrong and Michael Jackson?
      One was the first man to walk on the moon.
      And the other one fucked little boys.

      • Tom Forsythe

        Well, this is about the Greeks…

        • BillyHW


  • Cut Greece off. It’s the only way.

    • David Murrell

      Agreed. There was a perceptive peon on a business news network who said that Greece was like an obese, 700-lb person blaming his condition on his doctor. Europe sold cut off all financial support and let them wallow in their excess fat.

      • The EU may not be able to.

      • I think the rest of the EU will have no choice. They might not see their money back but at least Greece won’t drag them down.

  • Billy Bob Thornton

    Well no the problem is the internationalist organizations such as the ECB and IMF. They are organizations that don’t care about debtor nations. Think about it. I say this since the US is a debtor nation. The same with Canada. You notice all Western nations are debtor nations. We used to have the Bank of Canada creating all our money and we were debt-free for years until Trudeau went against it and the Progressive Conservatives voted for abolishing the Bank of Canada for creating money that was debt-free. The problem is the big banks and politicians that sell out nations. Debt is simply a tool to be in politics for life and for selling out the nation. We need politicians that will put the nation first, second and third and to the nth degree. Which is why the BRICS group of nations with Russia and China being nearly debt free is the better alternative. Everything is moving East and understandably so!

    And yes government can create its own money but not through private banks. We need to use the Bank of Canada again which was started by King in 1938 when he was PM and lasted until 1974.

    Canada had that ability. The only thing the Bank of Canada does nowadays is set interest rates and inflation. It serves no other purpose. We need nationalized banks and we need to create more than 3% public money. The rest or 97% is private money from private banks. All money must be public, meaning done from the Bank of Canada.

    • DMB

      I’m pretty sure the Bank of Canada is still controlled by the federal government unless you are referring to it being a crown corporation owned by the Queen of England which was always the case. However I do agree with your sentiment but would also include that we go back to the gold standard were the government would only be able to print currency that is backed by a precious commodity rather than out of thin air which it currently does.

  • Billy Bob Thornton

    Corruption, collusion and selling out the nation is the main reason for so many nations being debtor.

    Just look at the USA. They are the biggest debtor nation in the history of the world, with their unfunded liabilities, and their unwillingness to pay down their debt. It is because their nation is the most capitalist nation on Earth, when capitalism is supposed to be about balancing of socialism and capitalism into one system, which created the best nation the world had ever seen. Everyone knows the mixed economy works, and the free market doesn’t. You need balance for success.

    • Minicapt

      Ponzi was Italian.


  • marty_p

    I have a solution – take all the money spent on UNRWA and send it to Greece instead – after all the Greeks are just as lazy and deserving as the Palis.

  • Tom Forsythe

    Europe got into bed with the Greeks, and are shocked that they ended up taking it up the @ss.

  • JoKeR